Secrets for Selling Pocono Real Estate
While there is no definite, absolute rule to sell your property, here are
some tried and true practices that may make the difference between
a property languishing on the market and selling efficiently.
- Choose the right agent for you. Ask friends and family for referrals.
Narrow down your list of potential agents and choose one who has
knowledge of your neighborhood and a history of following up with
- Be realistic. When it comes to pricing your home, work with your
agent to decide on an accurate and fair price. Comparables in the
area, coupled with your agent's experience, are helpful when listing.
- Spic and span. Your home should be in pristine condition when
potential buyers view your home. Buyers should be focused on your
beautiful windows, not the fingerprints on the glass. If necessary,
shampoo carpets and refinish the wood floors.
- Eliminate the excess. Remove any furniture that is unnecessary.
Consider storing furniture that clutters a room. Oversized items may
make a space feel smaller than it actually is.
- Take yourself out of it. Store or swap out any family pictures. This is a
great opportunity to showcase the property in other seasons. If your
open house is in the winter, perhaps frame pictures of the backyard
or façade of the home in full bloom.
- Quick fix. Before showing your home, complete all those home fixes
you've been meaning to get to. The squeaky step or floorboard, the
grout in the bathroom or leaky faucets should all be repaired before
potential buyers notice them.